Willis Cattle Farm is a beautiful property ideally suited to the buyer seeking diversified attributes that include:
· 54.41 acres of 35-year-old pine plantations across primarily level terrain.
· 3.79 acres mature hardwood bottomlands with heavy volumes of merchantable timber.
· 74.91 acres of cross-fenced Bermuda and Bahaigrass pasturelands.
· Ten Mile Creek flows along the southeastern edge of the property.
· Excellent soils, primarily Tifton Pebbly Loam over most of the property.
· Located in a good neighborhood with long term ownership.
· Private location in southwestern Pulaski County.
· High populations of quality deer and turkey providing additional opportunities for recreational hunting or income from hunting lease.
· A custom built 3 bedroom and 2 full bath home with 2,256 square feet of central heat and air conditioned living space.
· Several outbuildings for storage of equipment and supplies.
Willis Cattle Farm is located 12 miles southwest of Hawkinsville and approximately 15 miles from Interstate 75 near Vienna and Cordele. The property is situated in one of the most productive agricultural areas of Georgia. Pulaski and Dooly Counties are two of the top peanut and cotton producing areas of Georgia. This is due to the very productive soils and abundance of both rainfall and underground water that can be used for irrigation.
Pulaski County has a proud history of good schools and has become a preferred county of residence for those who work in nearby Warner Robins, Perry, or Macon. Pulaski County has become popular with those who seek a small town atmosphere yet are still close enough to larger metropolitan areas, such as Atlanta, Macon, or Albany. What makes this property so attractive is the outstanding soils, a mix of open and forest lands, and the serenity of country living.
The property has excellent paved road frontage along Browndale-Finleyson Road and is about 1 mile from Georgia Highway 257. It is an easy 12-minute drive from Hawkinsville and 15 minutes from Interstate 75. A paved driveway leads to the house, which features 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. The woods and pastures are easily accessible from the entrance to the property or the homestead area.
Willis Cattle Farm is a beautiful mix of a country homestead surrounded by mostly level pasture lands and pine timber plantations. The same family has owned the farm for approximately 28 years and has a history of productive hay and cattle production. The well-managed pine timber stands have been thinned according to typical pine plantation management and are ready for another thinning or clear cut, depending on the buyer's preference.
There is an existing timber contract for thinning the pine, but the owner of this contract is willing to withdraw that contract in the event of a change of ownership. The quality and makeup of the timberland soils allow the timber to be harvested easily and the timberland converted to cropland or pastureland. Ten Mile Creek flows through the southeastern corner of the property and has historically provided shelter for an abundance of wildlife.
The tract features approximately 55 acres of planted pine that are estimated to be 35 years of age. An official timber cruise or inventory has not been done on these acres, but a good estimate would be that there are 45 to 50 tons per acre of primarily pine saw timber in this plantation. The property is in a prime location for short hauls to local sawmills and should command a premium price due to its quality and location.