Back To All Properties

Five Points Tract

Five Points, Chambers County, AL
36855
Price: $256,000
Acres: 160.9
Type: Timber
Availability: Sold
Contact Fountains Land
Introduction
Location
Access
Site Description
Timber
Water Resources

Introduction

The Five Points Tract is an Alabama property offering excellent timber investment opportunity boosting a well-stocked genetically improved pine plantation. For the recreationalist, it also has creeks and hardwood bottoms.

Location

The Five Points Tract is located in the east central Piedmont region of Alabama. The area is 10 miles south of Roanoke, Alabama which features all the essential amenities and lodging. The area is also 10 miles north of LaFayette which provides the perfect setting for a leisurely lifestyle with natural beauty and historic architecture.

The City of LaGrange, Georgia is located approximately 20 minutes to the east. LaGrange features a small public airport, lodging, restaurants, a major hospital and access to Interstate 85. Also, this property is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes from the Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport. 

 

Access

The Five Points Tract features two primary access points from Chambers County Road 178, which is a county maintained gravel road that is suitable for travel year-round by 2-wheel drive vehicles. The property features a half mile of frontage along County Road 178.

There is access to power, but not public water currently. The property has internal access provided by logging roads, as seen on the aerial maps provided. These roads are suitable for 2x4 traffic during dry periods, but may require 4x4 during wet periods. These roads provide entry to the property where they transition into a system of woods trails that make most areas accessible by ATV/UTV. There are approximately 1.5 miles of interior woods roads throughout the property.

 

Site Description

This property is perfectly suited for an avid recreationist, as well as for long term timber investor. Topography is gently rolling and lays well without any major slopes. The highest ridge is approximately  825 feet above sea level and the lowest valley is approximately 710 feet above sea level. An estimated 80% of the acreage is suitable for forestry operations with the remaining 20% in the Streamside Management Zone criteria where operations are limited to protect water quality. The property’s soil is well drained with low erodibility.

 

Timber

The Five Points Tract  features approximately 127 acres of young loblolly pine plantation that were planted in 2017. These plantations were established using advanced genetics for productivity and form, at a stocking of 605 trees per acre. Using a base establishment cost of $200 per acre and attributing for projected growth, the “Straight Line Valuation” method estimates the current value of these premerchantable pine plantations, at $305 per acre.

There are approximately 34 acres of mature mixed hardwood stands of timber on the tract. No timber inventory was completed since this timber falls into Stream Side Management Zones in order to protect water quality and only a portion may be harvested.

 

Water Resources

The property has a creek running along the west edge of the tract that holds water during periods of normal rainfall.

Broker Disclosure: Under agency law, you are considered a customer, unless you have a written brokerage agreement with Fountains Land (in which case you are a client). While you are a customer, Fountains is NOT obligated to keep confidential the information that you might share with us; therefore, you should not reveal any information that could harm your bargaining position.